Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween from the Souls of My Dead Relatives



So, some long dead relatives of mine, Auntie Gertrude and her brothers, Mortimer and Freddie Fertiledirt, stopped by last night and wanted me to pass on their Hallowmas greetings to everyone!



Seriously though, last night was a blast for me and the kids. We hit our block and then went to the student apartments up at the school. After two hours we came back with a combined weight of about 35 lbs of all sorts of delirium inducing confections. I had to carry the bags for the last half hour. Good times. I sincerely hope everyone had as much fun doing whatever it was they did as I did last night with my kiddos.

More deep BLOG stuff to come soon.

Oh Yah, Aunt Gertie and the boys say, "BOooOOooOoOOOoOOOoooo......" ;)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Ian

SR
SDG

6 Comments:

At 02 November, 2005 07:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your picture made me think... Ever try pumpkin carving with a rotozip or dremel? I am the type that would cut an arm off if I used a sharp knife for these things (and I have the scars to prove it!) yeah, and so does your brother!

 
At 02 November, 2005 12:49, Blogger Tim Costine said...

ok, so it was the first time that i've had a 'real' place for people to come trick or treating to because I lived in a backhouse for a couple years and i was all excited and got candy to hand out and guess what? not one child came. not even the kid in our own apartment building came! and we heard kids knock on the door next door, but they did not come to our door. i was so sad. :( maybe they a. know we're christians and think we'd think its the devil's day, or b. some halloween scrooge lived here before us. sad times.

 
At 02 November, 2005 14:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason-

I have used dremels before, and they work ok for thinner shells.

For the initial "gutting" hole, I've used a jig saw.

I would definitely recommend NOT using a chainsaw, however ;)

Ian-

Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm definitely going to Chester St next year- I'm hoping the kids will be ready for it.

Great pumpkins! And congratulations on pumpkin #4 ;)

-Matt

 
At 02 November, 2005 16:32, Blogger Jen said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!? #4??? do tell!!

Oh, we went out too!

 
At 02 November, 2005 20:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the rotozip would work awesome. It's meant to plunge and cut sideways (drywallers use them for hole cutting.

Glad to see you pagans had a good time celebrating... Celebrating... What DO you celebrate on Haloween? O yeah... I'm with Mark.

 
At 03 November, 2005 16:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home